Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Revised Wine Earring

 

I revised the wine glass earrings. As I had mentioned in my earlier post, I thought that the shape looked a little odd when I finished it but because that was the last of my black faux leather, I had to attempt to fix it by cutting it with scissors. Below is the original version.



Below is the design set that it came from. You can see the odd shape of the top of the wine. It doesn't quite work for me, so I cut it straight across to remove the curl.

 

You can find the Wine Earrings set at Creative Fabrica

Because the designs turn out narrow in many places once sized down as earrings, I recommend that you cut the shapes in HTV and apply to the leather teardrop shape as I did for the design on the top row, second from left. 


I definitely want to do more of the wine designs using the holographic HTV because I love the dynamic coloring that it has - depending upon what it's near, it appears to be a slightly different color. Some of the foil HTV could also work well because it's reflective. 

Watch this blog for future posts of additional cool earrings and projects. 


HAPPY CRAFTING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tale of Two Singer 15s : 1921 vs 1953. What Changed? What Stayed the Same?

 In my last post, I introduced my "newest" (yet oldest) Singer 15 ~ a Singer 15 manufactured in 1921 .  This wasn't my first S...