Friday, June 10, 2022

Mathematics + Crafting = Hilbert Curve on a t-shirt

 


It's amazing how cool the Hilbert Curve looks in confetti glitter HTV. I especially like the fact that the shape weeds so easily and all in one piece.  I suppose you could save the weeded out bits and make something using them, but it does tend to get a little bit tangled and stretched as pieces are pulled out. 

I made this second Hilbert Curve shirt upon request of a geeky friend of mine. I like it almost as much as the one I made for myself. See https://craftingwithandie.blogspot.com/2022/05/mathematics-crafting-hilbert-curve-on.html for information on my Hilbert Curve sweatshirt.



When you zoom in on the Hilbert curve, you can see how it's a fractal design which looks almost the same regardless of zoom level. 



Intense closeup of the Hilbert curve, showing off the sparkly goodness that is confetti glitter.



A view of the complete Hilbert curve as it sits on a size Small t-shirt. I hade to size it down to about 9.5" so that it would not overwhelm the small shirt (my original is 11.75").



The completed t-shirt. Definitely have to make more of these just to be totally geeky and all that.


HAPPY CRAFTING


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Tale of Two Singer 15s : 1921 vs 1953. What Changed? What Stayed the Same?

 In my last post, I introduced my "newest" (yet oldest) Singer 15 ~ a Singer 15 manufactured in 1921 .  This wasn't my first S...